Shweta Taneja is a bestselling speculative fiction author from India. With seven published novels and graphic novels, she is a leading voice in feminist science fiction and fantasy, most known for her series, Anantya Tantrist Mysteries (HarperCollins 2014-2018). Her graphic novel Krishna Defender of Dharma (Campfire, 2012) in a Must-Read for government schools. The Skull Rosary (2013), an indie black-and-white graphic novel scripted by her was shortlisted for the Best Writer Award in ComicCon India. (Read More about her)
Her short story, The Daughter That Bleeds has been awarded the Editor’s Choice Award in The Best Asian Speculative Fiction 2018 anthology. It has also been translated in Romanian, French and Dutch.
Where to go next
- More detail about her work and life
- Complete list of her novels
- More on her short stories
- Awards and Recognition
When she’s not writing fiction…
When she’s not writing fiction, she writes in-depth articles on how technology changes lives (Livemint.com), travel columns on folklore and on the art of writing for Huffington Post, Scroll.in, DailyO.in, and Medium.
She also works on future of internet and open-source technologies as a brand and technology storyteller with startups and NGOs. Recently she has cofounded Cooby, a startup building open-source, blockchain based ERP systems in Switzerland. (LinkedIn)
- Be a detective. See what Shweta’s doing now or read what the media is saying about her novels.
- Get free stuff. Learn the skill of writing novels here or get inspired by the many facets of life to write and create more.
- Conspire. Read some delectable conspiracies she found during her travels. Like a princess with three breasts or a theory of Jesus backpacking through India.
- Subscribe to her website. You get one email in a week.