I’ve written seven books and two hundred articles in a career spanning fourteen years and I continue to write. I’m a Charles Wallace India Fellow (2016) and was shortlisted for Best Writer Award in ComicCon India for The Skull Rosary (2013).
My books include the bestselling series Anantya Tantrist mysteries (HarperCollins), Ghost Hunters of Kurseong (Hachette), and Krishna Defender of Dharma (Campfire). The latter is included in the CBSE Must-read list for schools, is sold internationally and has been reprinted many times. The latest How to Steal a Ghost @ Manipal (Juggernaut Books) is in the bestselling category online. Check out my Wikipedia for more on me.
- Cult of Chaos (HarperCollins India, 2014)
- The Matsya Curse (HarperCollins India, 2017)
- Untitled (TBA)
- How to Steal a Ghost @ Manipal (Juggernaut, 2016)
- The Ghost Hunters of Kurseong (Hachette India, 2013)
- Articles on health and technology for Livemint.
- Columns for Discover India and Huffington Post.
- Communication advisor to Kalaage and Buzz India.
- For more on the projects, check LinkedIn or to contact me for projects in media / publishing / communication, email me.
When I don’t write…
I watch morbid movies, have passionate discussions on arbitrary questions of life, read mythology, listen to people’s life stories or go take a hike, literally. I get inspired by things like gulmohar trees with its red flowers, a dead moth, steaming hot cup of green tea, the beautiful flight of a crow, weathered lips of an old woman, the grayness in a blue sky or a crumpled news piece. My heart thumps with excitement by written works of Shakespeare, Ursula Le Guin, Roald Dahl, Lewis Carroll, Isaac Asimov, Terry Pratchett and comics by Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore. My family, husband, muse (who has the uncanny habit of dropping by when I am sleeping) and keyboard help me in bringing these stories out of my head and on to the screen.