Shweta Taneja is a bestselling speculative fiction author from India. With seven published novels and graphic novels, she is a leading voice in feminist science fiction and fantasy, most known for her series, Anantya Tantrist Mysteries. She’s a Charles Wallace Writing Fellow. Her short story, The Daughter That Bleeds (translated in French as ‘La Fille qui saigne’ by Mikael Cabon) has been shortlisted for the prestigious Grand Prix de l’Imaginaire 2020 in France. The story was also awarded Editor’s Choice Award in 2018.
Other than novels and short stories, she also writes comics. Her graphic novel Krishna Defender of Dharma (Campfire, 2012) in a Must-Read for government schools. The Skull Rosary (2013), an indie black-and-white graphic novel scripted by her was shortlisted for the Best Writer Award in ComicCon India. Her work has been translated to Romanian, French and Dutch. (Read More about her fiction)
When she’s not writing fiction…
When she’s not writing fiction, she writes in-depth articles on how technology changes lives (Livemint.com), travel columns on folklore and on the art of writing for Huffington Post, Scroll.in, DailyO.in, and Medium.
She also works on future of internet and open-source technologies as a brand and technology storyteller with startups and NGOs. Recently she has cofounded Cooby, a startup building open-source, blockchain-based ERP systems in Switzerland. (LinkedIn)
Where to go next
- Read what she writes. Excerpts – Novels – Short stories – Articles
- Her achievements.
- Be a detective. See what Shweta’s doing now or what awards she has received and what the media is saying about her work.
- Get free stuff. Learn the skill of writing novels here or get inspired by the many facets of life to write and create more.
- Conspire to travel. Read some delectable conspiracies she found during her travels. Like a princess with three breasts or a theory of Jesus backpacking through India.
- Subscribe to her website. You get one email in a week.